MOVE FOR PLAY
Do you love to adventure and play? We have a challenge for you!
For the month of October, join us in collecting pledges from friends and family as we embark on a 30 day fun-raising challenge doing outdoor activities we love.
You will support The Power of Play as we raise funds to build innovative and sustainable playgrounds around the world, and right here in British Columbia!
Help us reach our goal of $50,000 !
Together, we can impact thousands of children worldwide.
One month. Your adventure. For a great cause.
Do you love to hike, bike, walk, run or climb?
From October 1st to 31th, take on more play in your life with a challenge that will help build playgrounds for kids in need of spaces to play. Raise pledges towards your daily activities to improve your fitness, get outside more, and make an impact on future generations! Invite your friends, family and coworkers to pledge $1+ for every KM you achieve or for your entire month’s efforts! Participants can also win great prizes!
There are two ways to collect a pledge!
Our MOVE FOR PLAY campaign will be based on how many km you can record in one month. For each km, collect pledges from family and friends. It’s easy to do! Create your profile, set your monthly km goal, and then share it with your family and friends. EASY! Clock your km in your profile! (If you have the Strava app, you are able to link it to your account and it keeps track of your km for you!)
1.) Flat Pledge: Your friends and family can sponsor you as a participant for a fixed amount of their choice. For example: If they donate $20, they will owe $20 regardless of the number of KM you accomplish.
2.) Pledge per km: Your friends or family can pledge an amount per km. For example: If your goal is to do 32 km in the 30 days, your friends or family pledge $5 per km, and you hike/walk/run/bike 4 km 8 times in the month (32 km), they owe $160.
Be sure to specify how many Kilometers you anticipate achieving so they can confidently make your pledge.
Why MOVE FOR PLAY?
The Power of Play builds sustainable playgrounds all around the world for children 2 to 14 years old where play infrastructure is missing. Play is not only vital in childhood development, but it is a right as declared in Article 31 of the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child. Our projects focus on children living in conditions that have stripped away this right and we are committed to bringing joy and happiness back into their lives. Approximately 50% of our playgrounds are built from recycled material, and all projects count on rich collaboration with local communities for volunteering and funding.
Here are seven science-backed ways being outside can improve your health and well-being:
- INCREASES PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.
- LOWERS BLOOD PRESSURE.
- PROVIDES ACCESS TO IMPROVED AIR QUALITY.
- HARNESSES IMPROVED SOCIAL INTERACTION.
- BOOSTS MOODS.
- BENEFITS IMMUNITY.
- DECREASES LEVELS OF STRESS AND ANXIETY.
How do I sign up?
- Create a profile by clicking the below button – let your friends and family know why you are participating and set your personal activity goal!
- Set a goal of how many kilometers you would like to accomplish in the month of August!
- Send your personal URL profile link to friends and family, and ask your friends and family to pledge you the dollar amount of their choice per kilometer or a flat donation pledge – all this can be done through your personal URL profile link!
- Posting on your social media is a great way to spread the word too! Show us your progress in action and tag us!
- Get outside, climb, hike, bike, walk, run, play!
- Track your kilometers on your profile (If you use the Strava App, connect it and let it do the work for you!)
- Give yourself a pat on the back for being an awesome human, for yourself and helping build playgrounds worldwide!